Friday 26 June 2009

Aren't you playing, Mr.Bharani?

A siesta, at desk in the office, is a thing of great pleasure. "Hey Bharani.. Manager watched you and he was unhappy about what you did...", would always be ringing in my ears, remiding me that I was still alive on this planet. I always had this faint doubt - Is that my team mates' way of game, to kill their boredom? Also, have wondered as why the hell, the managers seldom felt sleepy!?!

I hated everytime when I was juiced like an orange by this boredom. At the end, I would have no other go other than to play Minesweeper (My only favourite game) which had always aided me in keeping myself active. Minesweeper (MS) is one of the simplest and most creative games I ever know. As I played MS, I would feel a glimpse of joy when my team mates would have their eyes struck to my Desktop. I wanted to express my cardial gratitude to them when they had successfully brought that to my manager's attention. As ever, my Manager expressed his disdain over me.

A scent of guilt, not for killing time but for being caught while killing, was all around my cabin! A bolt of frustration kept my eyes glued to my desktop which was ever in a total haphazard manner. It was then, something sparked from deep underneath my skull... Why don't I try this - a game?

The desktop was filled with files and shortcuts almost to its brim, making it a complete mess. I was trying to sort these files manually based on the type of these files. Certainly, after a few instants, I realized that I was enjoying that instinct of arranging these files. It was more of a game. I figured out two simple rules to give the game, the game thing!

May be this might interest you folks... Try it once...!

Prerequisites:
1) As you align all the icons to the grid, you should consider only ONE empty grid next to the icon for temporary storage and should be chosen only once.

2) Better to have a clumsy desktop (Say, minimum of 20 icons), though it has the recycle bin :-)

Rules of the Game:
1) An icon can be dragged only one step in any of the four directions, provided it is free.
2) An icon should NOT be dragged over the other icon.

Note: Temporary grid is chosen only once and cannot be changed while playing.

I am sure this isn't a total innovation but, it is a great challenge trying this out on the desktop. Also, it is the best hide - When Manager looks at me, he concludes that I'm desperately searching for a file in the desktop! Isn't that Novel? Yes, I work hard to hardly work!

3 comments:

Prakash said...

படித்ததற்கான பின்னூட்ட கடமை. Word verification ஐ எடுத்து விடுங்கள் பரணி. பின்னூட்டம் போடுவது கடினம்

Rajan said...

Unakku Cabin laam kuduthurukaangalaaa...

Bharani said...

@Rajan: project ukae vazhiyai kaanom... ezhudhum bodhu apdi thaan ezhudhuvom.. it is not necessarily to be correct when one summarizes..